The Model AKR-1 Exterior Digital Keypad with Radio Receiver is a digital keyless entry system designed for access control applications. The keypad is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure that can be mounted to a pedestal or bolted directly to a wall. The die-cast keys have bright, easy-to-read yellow graphics.
Up to 480 entry codes, from 1 to 6 digits in length, can be programmed. They can activate either, or both, of the relay outputs.
Up to four sets of block coded MegaCode® transmitters (up to 480 transmitters total) can be used to gain access through the AKR-1’s built-in radio receiver. Each transmitter can be individually suspended or re-activated. Four facility codes can be programmed to identify each block of transmitters. A Radio Test Mode is provided for testing transmitters and detecting radio interference. Programming of individual (non-block coded) transmitters is not supported by the AKR-1.
Linear’s Model MGT safety edge transmitter is compatible with the AKR-1. This supervised transmitter is used to detect and transmit obstacle events to the AKR-1 receiver. Obstacle signals from an MGT transmitter will activate Relay #2.
- Self-contained keyless entry system ideal for airports, hospitals, warehouses, office buildings, parking lots, and many other commercial facilities
- Rugged, cast aluminum enclosure for indoor or outdoor mounting on a wall or pedestal
- Built-in radio receiver
- Four independent outputs and timers: two form C relays and two solid-state open collector outputs
- Accepts 480 entry codes, 480 block code transmitters, plus one fully supervised Model MGT safety edge transmitter
- Two LED indicators show system status
- Key operating features include: door sense input; inhibit input; request-to-exit input; alarm shunt output; timed anti-passback; and keypad lockout
- Down light illuminates whenever keypad is used
- Tactile and audible feedback
- Keylock secures keypad to mounting backplate
- RF frequency: 318 MHz
- 4″ W x 7″ H x 3″ D